"the abilities being shown by the recruited candidate correlates with the outcome of their test, and they are progressing and delivering to expectations"
"It’s a good test from our perspective. The candidates that do well in the test certainly seem to be our better performers"
Arran Finlayson, CEO, The Back Office Co
I found the test quite easy to use and interpret and I am really pleased to have this service at my disposal in the future.
It’s just a bit more objective when employing staff than going by their interview skills alone.
I will definitely keep your contact details for the next hire I do. I will also recommend you to other accountants that I network with regularly.
Michelle Thompson, Chartered Accountant, Tax & Trust Professionals
Double Entry Accounting Test
The Double Entry Accounting Skills Test is designed to be a fast, simple and efficient way to determine if your candidate has an intuitive grasp of the basics of double entry accounting (i.e. debits and credits).
The test is ideal for graduate or entry level positions or for slightly higher level positions where you have any concerns about the candidates basic accounting skills. It is also an ideal follow on from the Bookkeeper or Part / Non Qualified Accounting Test if candidates have scored poorly in those tests.
Double Entry Accounting Skills Test
The test covers four areas:
- Easy Journals – identifying journals required from easy transactions
- Harder Journals - identifying journals required from harder transactions
- Financial Statements – identifying where accounts will be found in financial statements
- Transactions – from a journal entry identifying the transaction that has occurred
Double Entry Accounting Skills Test Features
- 20 Questions & a time limit of 15 minutes
- 3 variants of all questions
- Questions loaded randomly to manage risks of tests being compromised & cheated
- Online access enabling candidates to complete tests anywhere
- Fast report generation of completed tests sent straight to your inbox
- Easy pay-as-you go options
When your candidate has completed the test you can use this Interpretation Video to help you understand more about their test report