"It’s a good test from our perspective. The candidates that do well in the test certainly seem to be our better performers"
Arran Finlayson, CEO, The Back Office Co
Double Entry Accounting Test
The Double Entry Accounting Skills Test is designed to be a fast, simple and efficient way to determine if your candidate has an intuitive grasp of the basics of double entry accounting (i.e. debits and credits).
The test is ideal for graduate or entry level positions or for slightly higher level positions where you have any concerns about the candidates basic accounting skills. It is also an ideal follow on from the Bookkeeper or Part / Non Qualified Accounting Test if candidates have scored poorly in those tests.
Double Entry Accounting Skills Test
The test covers four areas:
- Easy Journals – identifying journals required from easy transactions
- Harder Journals - identifying journals required from harder transactions
- Financial Statements – identifying where accounts will be found in financial statements
- Transactions – from a journal entry identifying the transaction that has occurred
Double Entry Accounting Skills Test Features
- 20 Questions & a time limit of 15 minutes
- 3 variants of all questions
- Questions loaded randomly to manage risks of tests being compromised & cheated
- Online access enabling candidates to complete tests anywhere
- Fast report generation of completed tests sent straight to your inbox
- Easy pay-as-you go options
When your candidate has completed the test you can use this Interpretation Video to help you understand more about their test report
What our clients are saying
"The service offered by Accountests has been a game changer for our recruitment of professional staff. The ability to quickly assess the relevant technical skills of candidates has significantly improved our decision making process."
"The abilities being shown by the recruited candidate correlates with the outcome of their test, and they are progressing and delivering to expectations"
"I recently used Accountests as we were looking for a way to assess technical management accountant ability to supplement our interviews of shortlisted candidates. It helped inform our decision and would definitely use it again."
"This thorough testing process allows us to choose the very best. Given the cost involved in a mis-hire, taking the time to determine whether a candidate has the required technical skill set to do the job we are advertising for is critical"
"The tool was great and formed a good part of the pre-employment process for us."