“the tests were extremely valuable in providing an independent gauge of the skill level of the candidates, which played a key part in making a decision on who was right for the role.”
Ryan Rambaccussing, Group Financial Controller, Financial Express, London, UK
"I recently used Accountests as we were looking for a way to assess technical management accountant ability to supplement our interviews of shortlisted candidates. It helped inform our decision and would definitely use it again."
Amanda Michael, Faculty Finance Manager, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
"We used the management accountant test when reviewing two candidates during recruitment, the results of the test were very useful in understanding the comparative strengths of the two candidates. The reports were very clear and easy to understand."
James Bayly, CEO, Freedom Internet, Auckland, NZ
Management Accountant Test
The Management Accountant Test is designed to assess candidates whose position will include providing management accounting support to their employer. The test assumes a level of skill and competency that would normally be held by an accountant who is a member of their professional body e.g. CPA Australia, CAANZ, CIMA, ACCA or similar. However the test can also be applicable to other accountants with significant work experience in management accounting.
Job titles which are likely to fit well with this test would include Finance Manager, Management Accountant, Group Accountant, Financial Controller, Company Accountant.
The tests covers core management accounting skills without reference to legislative requirements.
The test covers four core management accounting activities:
- Budgeting and Forecasting – budgeting and cash flow preparation and reporting including variances
- Organisation Financial Health – analysis of management reports including ratios
- Decision Support - using analysis and accounting knowledge to assist an organisation to make operating decisions
- Capital Budgeting & Capital Projects – analysis to support decisions on capital projects
The report received will enable the recruiting manager to gain insight into a candidate's skills and knowledge in each of these four activities, as well as a comparative overall score and performance against a norm group of other management accountants. You can also identify a candidate's performance in the activities most relevant to your vacant role.
Time to complete = 30 minutes
- Number of Questions = 40
- Question Levels – Basic = 12, Intermediate = 16, Advanced = 12
- Questions per topic – Budgeting / Forecasting = 10, Financial Health Analysis = 10, Decision Support = 10, Capital Projects = 10
When your candidate has completed the test you can use this Interpretation Video to help understand more about their test report.