"The grads we hired have been with us for 2 & 3 months and performing very well. We will definitely be looking to use the tests again in the future!"
Sarah Terkuile, Practice Manager, OHM Chartered Accountants, Malvern VIC
Graduate / Trainee Accountant Test
The Graduate / Trainee Accountant Test is designed to be a fast, simple and efficient way to determine whether graduate or trainee candidates have a working knowledge of the basics of double entry accounting (i.e. debits and credits) and business acumen.
The test is ideal for graduate or trainee positions where candidates have limited accounting experience.
The test covers four areas:
- Create Journals – From a transaction what is the journal entry?
- Interpret Journals - From a journal what transaction is occurring?
- Accounting Concepts – Demonstrate an understanding for some basic accounting concepts
- Business Knowledge – Demonstrate an understanding of business terminology in practical use
- 20 Questions & a time limit of 15 minutes
- 3 variants of all questions
- Questions loaded randomly to manage risks of tests being compromised & cheated
- Fast report generation of completed tests sent straight to your inbox
When your candidate has completed the test you can use this Interpretation Video to help understand more about their test report.
What our clients are saying
"The service offered by Accountests has been a game changer for our recruitment of professional staff. The ability to quickly assess the relevant technical skills of candidates has significantly improved our decision making process."
"The abilities being shown by the recruited candidate correlates with the outcome of their test, and they are progressing and delivering to expectations"
"I recently used Accountests as we were looking for a way to assess technical management accountant ability to supplement our interviews of shortlisted candidates. It helped inform our decision and would definitely use it again."
"This thorough testing process allows us to choose the very best. Given the cost involved in a mis-hire, taking the time to determine whether a candidate has the required technical skill set to do the job we are advertising for is critical"
"The tool was great and formed a good part of the pre-employment process for us."